CEREC (chairside economic restorations of esthetic ceramics) is a cutting-edge technology assisting restorative dentists in producing ceramic restorations such as crowns, veneers, inlays and onlays in a single patient visit. With CEREC CAD/CAM, restorative dentists can take digital impressions and design precise restorations to execute an outstanding ceramic restoration while the patient is in the dental chair. CEREC restorations are ceramic, which means they are metal-free and biocompatible.
Who is CEREC for?
- If you require a new crown, veneer, inlay, onlay or bridge
- If you have a cracked tooth
- If an old restoration requires replacement by a new restoration
- If you want to replace metal restorations with ceramic restorations
How does CEREC work?
- 3D photography is used to create a virtual model
- The CEREC specialist refines the restoration on the virtual model by 3D CAD software
- The design is sent to a milling machine in our clinic which mills out the designed restoration from the ceramic block
- The restoration may be later adjusted to ensure perfect fit and bonded to the tooth surface with resin